Friday, January 11, 2008

What's up, blogosphere? I've never blogged before. This is my first blog. I don't know if I'm going to do this right. I'm totally behind the times: No texting, just figured out what you tube was all about, and I cannot — cannot — get my darn Bluetooth to work (it is a good thing I keep my technology genius hubby around to take care of all those things), And I've never blogged. I feel like an 80-year-old going online for the first time. Scary. So here goes. I'm about to blog. Look at me... blogging.

Well, getting back into the routine of school and work has been hard now that the holidays are over. It is only the 11th day of 2008 and we have already had a sleepover, 2 parties, 2 birthday parties, 1 couples bible study, 3 detailed discussions about the woes of the world, 1 anniversary and 1 funeral. 2008 has had a very busy beginning.

We are really hoping to simplify this year. Last year was filled with activity after activity and commitment after commitement! This year we want to get to spend more time together. The older your kids get the more you realize how hectic life can really be!

We have made some new years resolutions this year, a tradition we had skipped in the past.

1) More "Collins Family Fun" days- these are simple days where we can wake up on a weekend with no commitments to be anywhere or do anything. Then as a family over breakfast we pick a big activity for the day ( beach, zoo, park, picnic,movie day, etc.)

2) more traveling- with a 2 year old and a 1 year old it is a LOT of work to go almost anywhere. But this year they are turning 2 and 3 and to Bruce and I those numbers mean FREEDOM, long awaited freedom! We are planning a big family trip to Disneyworld with our dear friends and their children. Along with a trip to Napa Valley and to lake tahoe without kids! Hooray for trips with kids AND without.

3) More saying NO! - a word I scarcely use. I will be taking a break from being the go to PTA mom, the go to room mom, being at every bday party for every kid who has ever come into contact with any of my children,etc. That alone should free up more time!

There are others, but just in case I fail at them, no need to have them be made public for everyone to see! :)

Well, there it is my first blog. A window into the first 11 day of our year!

Enjoy and welcome to our family!

0 comments: