Thursday, January 24, 2008

Why I started this blog!

I started this blog at the encouragement of friends who love to hear the ridiculous stories that happen at our home, crazy things that would only happen to us! Yesterday was a perfect example of the chaos I would like to calm!

We are in hard core potty training mode over hear. Jocelyn does NOT like to sit on the potty. Graham likes to be big, so he enjoys the potty. Every time Jocelyn goes potty, then Graham screams "meeeeee" and bangs on his own tummy. Yesterday started great we made it to the potty in the morning ( and earned an eye patch for her pirate costume). Then Graham went also, all was well. By midday we were dragging. Jocelyn had a Messy accident which made her so sad, and also made her lose her focus. Later I let her sit on the potty and I pulled a tv tray up to the potty so she could color while she sat. She sat and sat and sat. She seemed so content, so I made a choice I would later regret. I left the bathroom while she sat and colored and I went to my own bathroom. When I came back I heard loud noises and even louder laughter! I ran to the half bathroom and there they were....... my adorable children playing together....by dropping 64 crayons into the potty! ICK! I was so grossed out. As I tried to encourage myself to stick my hand into the now crayon filled tinkle water, I decided I should give them some lunch to distract them while I did the cleaning.

I made the kids some mac and cheese gave them two bowls and then began looking for some disposable gloves that I could put on my hand to clean the potty. Meanwhile the terrible twosome had other plans. They smacked their bowls on the floor spilling hundreds of cheese covered noodles in all directions, stepping on them as they ran away laughing.

Crayons put on hold. Cheese mess first. So I am cleaning the cheese mess, when I heard a sound I was beginning to dread. LAUGHTER! I find Graham at the dinning room table pouring lentils from my glass candle holders onto the floor! I am so torn! What mess to clean up first. I decide that the cheese mess still reigns supreme. So back to the kitchen I go when I hear a LOUD clanking and the sound of shattered glass. Graham has shattered the 1 1/2 inch thick glass holders all over himslef and the floor.

NEW PLAN. Glass , cheese, tinkle crayons. I start vaccumming the glass and lentils . I go back to get the cheese mess. And I head toward the potty. Things are looking up.....or so I thought. That is when Jocelyn gets the craft bucket and opens it up. I agree to let her use the markers while I answer a call from the DR. BAD IDEA ( I am just full of those today). Jocelyn and Graham open up the glitter( I had NO idea they could open that container, I can't even do it sometimes), they had poored it all over the floor( 2 colors) they had taken the marker tops off, Jocelyn had attempted to turn herself into Barney by coloring her arms and hands almost solidly purple, and she had taken the time to color Graham's red and yellow little tikes car purple as well. Last but certianly not least they had dumped out the hundreds of sequins and foam cut outs that come along with the craft bucket!

It is about that time that Bruce gets home from work and asks what's for dinner. I could not help it! I laughed out loud! AS IF i could manage to have done that too! He had to live on leftovers! It was all I could muster! Luckily, My hubby is awesome and while I warmed the leftovers he was on sequin duty! ANd while I scrubbed Jocelyn's arms and cleaned the car, he did the dishes. Sometime during all this turmoil, I managed to get Riley home from school and to do 3 days worth of homework in one day.

mmmm.. not even a second to sit and think yesterday. Today we have started well. One time on the potty down, a new pirate gold necklace earned. and one viewing of the 1960's era Batman movie starring "the doker, and penwin, and cat one, and the riller"{ joker, penguin, cat woman, and the riddler}. This is bound to be a better day!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Wow...um...that is a crazy day! Well it looks like you have mastered the blogspot customize options! Well done you! Cute pics!

Quy Tran Photography said...

Those pics are wonderful! I wonder who took them.LOL