Wednesday, January 30, 2008

the TERRIBLE TWOSOME strike again!

If you liked my last entry than you will love this one!

I have tried to make a little personal goal to load the dishwasher right away, instead of piling dishes in the sink all day. This was mostly done as a small way to respect my hubby. He likes the sink to be empty all the time. He tries to let me know that it only takes 30 seconds a dish and would hardly change my day at all.

So I tried the dish method. It took aboiut 7 minutes total to pick up the kitchen after a late lunch, and then to rinse the dishes and load the dishwasher. Graham and Jocelyn had gone up to her room to play. I could here them rocking in her chair through the floor. So seven minutes after they left my sight, I went upstairs to join in the fun and this is what I found.

That is diaper rash cream rubbed into the carpet and Jocelyn's princess chair(the front of the chair was much worse). When I saw the mess I made a huge gasp startling my hiding children who then rushed out to see if I was okay. That is when I realized my kids had been hiding double lives as ghosts!






I had obviously caught them during their transformation! LOL

I quickly tossed them in the tub and began the first of what whould be 4 washings to get the cream out of their hair. It was really close to the time I needed to leave to go get Riley from school, so I was trying my best to hurry the job along. In the rush to get everyone out of the tub, I ended up with wet clothes myself. I dried the kids off, got them dressed, and then ran to my room and changed my shirt. This took less than 2 minutes. When I came rushing out of my room ready to pile the kids in the car I had a big surprise waiting for me...




ASHES! Surprise! They had played in the fire place!( not pictured is Jocelyn who was hiding between the couch and the wall). and yes those are ashes in Graham's mouth! So I had to give them both full sink baths before we could go pick Riley up from school. We were the LAST car through the pick up line, but we made it.

Just another day of Crime fighting.
The Terrible Twosome v. Marvelous Mom!

1 comments:

Devin said...

Hey there!

Just wanted to say that I am glad I found a new blogging friend! Sounds like you have lots and LOTS going on at your house--I am exhausted just reading about 2 of your days! :-) LOL

Come back anytime, can't wait to read some more adventures of yours too!

Devin