Friday, February 15, 2008

STITCHES!!!!

I am Very sorry for the long pause in my blogging.

Blogging is a little bit therapeutic for me. I often find Humor in our lives, but it usually takes a good week or so after the act for it to be funny to me. With blogging I have found the humor so much faster. All of this is leading to the great reason for the lack of posts.

We had a terrible thing happen and It has been 2 weeks and I am just now able to bring myself to blog about the STITCHES!

My beautiful daughter was climbing on a wooden bed frame to a day bed at her great grandmothers house. Bruce and I were in the bathroom painting and pulling off wallpaper. When her Great grandmother brings her into to us. Jocelyn looks like a vampire! She has blood gushing out of both sides of her mouth. ( that area bleeds so much). It was hard to tell where the blood was coming from exactley. We ran to the kitchen and blotted the blood away and put some ice on her mouth. We couldn't tell if she had bit through her lip with her bottom teeth or her top. We rushed her to the ER and they took us right back to give us the bad news. She needed STITCHES! or her BEAUTIFUL face! The ER dr also told us it was one of the worst places to have a cut on the face. SHe crossed over aand cut both lip and regular skin. He said it would definitely leave a scar. WE paged the plastic surgeon who could not get there for another three Hours! ( which was actually four hours by the time he showed up)

I will spare ya'll the sad details of the stitches and the IV and the throwing up in the car on the way home. and i will leave you with just some pics of her lip.

Here she is 15 or so hours AFTER it happened



And here she is 2 days later




and here she is at her first dental appointment ever to check out her VERY bruised gums and her slightly loose teeth!



And here she is so Brave 5 days later when she got her stitches removed



So many things have happened since then that I have a lot to blog about and to catch ya'll all up on! But I will let this settle a day or two before I get back to posts a usual

4 comments:

Steph said...

Oh my gosh Edlow!!!! HOW HORRIBLE! Poor baby! I have yet to experience the ER...I don't think this momma is cut out for it! I would be the one throwing up in the car!

I'm so sorry that happened. She's still just as beautiful. Since the PS did it, will there still be scarring?

Terryl said...

Your beautiful girl is still and always be beautiful no matter what. Now she will have a cool battle scar story to impress all the boys with when she grows up.

I have to agree with Steph, I don't think I would be handling it as well as you seem to have either.

Edlow said...

Yes, there will still be scarring because of the location. We are doing neosporin and mederma for kids. BUT these cause her to be sick to her stomach since she licks her lips and then the med. kills the good bacteria in her belly. So we are waking up to do it in the night time to when she is less likely to lick it off. I am handling it better now than last week for sure. Riley has stitches when he was 2 also. I am not sure what is up with the 2 year time frame, but I am worried because Graham will be two soon! :)

Abby said...

Linked to you thru Erin B's blog. Serious blog-stalking, I know! I just had to comment on this one because my accident-prone daughter had stitches twice in a year when she was two and one was when she bit through her lip. Those things bleed like crazy, huh?!?! Hope she's not too traumatized :)