Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Plush Bus

Riann, my supportive friend, bridesmaid, Godmother to Riley, Aunt to my children is moving away. I am terribly sad to see her and her hubby Chris move to Georgia with their to beautiful children Bria and Emily. Their moving date is fast approaching. We decided to get together today to spend some time with each other before she leaves. Graham enjoyed seeing baby Emily. Before beginning to play the little piggy game he asked the cutest question. “ will she bite me”? After being reassured that 4 month old Emily had no intention of biting him, he began to tickle her cute toes. When it was time for lunch we headed over to “spot”, CiCi’s Pizza.

We arrived about 1:45 and so the lunch crowd was long gone. There were only a handful of other tables and none of those had children. When Jocelyn and graham asked if they could go to the game room I said yes. They were pleasantly surprised because I always say no. There are usually too many kids in that room and too many adults lingering around for me to feel safe. I checked on them a few times and they came out a few times to check in and everything was going great. Jocelyn came out and smiled so big and went on to tell me how much fun she and Graham were having with the animals. I looked at her excited face with intrigue as she continued to tell me how soft they were to touch. I slowly arose from my chair and went in to the game room where I found this:



I ran out to Riann and yelled he is IN the animal game! I ran into to look at him again. Then I remembered my camera! I ran out and yelled again he is in with the stuffed animals! I grabbed my camera and took a few shots.




I even tried to help him escape!



I was begining to wonder if I would be the crazy mom on tv who is crying about her kid stuck in the game! Luckily there was no need to call the fire department or the news crew! Soon the manager, along with everyone else in the restaurant, had come over to check on the commotion. The manager was even taking pictures on his cell phone! He began to dig around for the key. After about five minutes he finally found the right one and opened up “the plush bus” and pulled my happy kiddo out! Graham was not scared at all. Graham did not get to keep a cute toy, but I did let him have a brownie!

Thank you my sweet friend Riann, for coming over and sharing in one last hurrah with us! I know you will miss us when you move to Georgia and life gets boring!

We all know that life is never boring in OUR household! What will you do without us for excitement? What will we do without you:(!?

4 comments:

Jacquie Von Hohn said...

That is too funny! I'm glad you thought to grab the camera - it's true a picture is worth a thousand words - lol

Steph said...

Hey...I didn't realize you had started blogging again! Welcome back!

OH MY GOSH EDLOW!!!! I don't even know what to say! Your kid was stuck in the arcade game!!!! Oh my word! Oh. My. Word.

Anonymous said...

Hi Edlow!
I attended Settlers Way with you - don't know if you remember me, Traci. I'm so happy God has blessed you with such a beautiful family. I enjoyed your blog!

Cyndie said...

Oh my goodness. This has totally made my day. Kids do the funniest things. I am so glad you had your camera with you because words could not do that scene justice. That was hilarious!!!